15.3.09

Home.

We pulled up. I sighed. Here we go again. We had already looked and been to see 16 other houses over the coarse of 2 months. Doubtful that this one would be any different I climbed out of the car. Opened the door to a time zone of the 1960s! This place was amazing. Original everything, carpet, lights, appliances. It was a dream for Daylan and I. I LOVED IT! We were lucky enough to get it for a good price and then the fun began. Daylan worked on our home evenings and every weekend for three months. I can't wait to show you some before and afters but there are still some finishings that need to be addressed before I get to that. It feels so great to be living in our own home! Most of the boxes are unpacked but its a lot of work and time with two kids to juggle as well. But I really do love love love it. Sooooo worth all those years managing the appartments. Makes this all the sweeter for us. Thanks for all your many many hours Daylan. I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv you!







6 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see your before/after shots! Congrats! Where is your new place anyway?

Eden Lang said...

we are in Glamorgan...that puts us close to the best bakery in Calgary! yum.

Lisa said...

Congrats Eden! What a relief to not have to screen anymore renters or clean up anyone else's mess. Maybe we could come and see the place when we're in town this summer. Plus, I love that bakery too!

Eden Lang said...

We would love to have you guys! Aubrie would have so much fun with Ella. We will have to make plans when the time gets closer.

Niki Carter said...

Can't wait to see pictures! I didn't even know that you bought a house!

janet l moran said...

i love before and afters! It's such hard work to renovate and it' so rewarding to be able to show people what you have accomplished. If you ever bring your family to Chicago let's do a portrait swap, I love your work