9.6.10

Before and After.

Last fall I stumbled across these two beautiful chairs second hand. It felt almost criminal to only pay 25.00 each! Then as I lifted the first chair and carried it to the truck "pixie dust" started to fall to the ground. The foam was shot! I mean completely broken down...powder. Daylan was following behind me with the second chair and had a very sceptical look for me as more foam slipped through a seam. My grin only deepened. I was not shaken. No siree. These chairs were great! The frame is teak, and I have (after much deliberation) recovered in a wool/felt fabric. This should be strong enough for the kids to climb on and dark enough that it will hide dirty little foot prints. These are my chairs!




11 comments:

H and E said...

Is there really anything you can't do? You are so talented ande I love the chairs!

Day said...

These did turn out really nice - the best part I think is not having the crunchy foam sound when you sit down.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hey Eden,
I'm a total blogstalker. LOVE the chairs. In our new house they left behind A LOT of junk but mixed in is few old "gems" including a dresser we're planning on turning into a bathroom vanity and a fabulous desk I want to refinish. I also have some dining room chairs of my mother-in-laws that I want to refinish and re-cover the seat cushions. Did you re-cover them yourself and where did you find your fabric? (I'm also wanting to upholster a headboard). We can talk tomorrow!

Shani said...

Great job, Eden!

paula said...

they are gorgeous! love the fabric choice.

Eden Lang said...

Thanks guys!

The guy that did the work on the chairs does amazing work. If you are looking for some one good let me know and I will give you his info!!! The fabric is from Maria Tomas.

Heidi Allred said...

I don't even know what to say... speechless! You have such an eye for mad style! I will say that!

Jamie said...

Beautiful!!!

Spencer and Laura said...

love, love, love them!!

burtons*north said...

hi. saw you had some chairs recovered. would you be able to send me the contact information, i have a couple of danish chairs to do as well.
thanks,
jessica
burtonsnorth.blogspot.com