7.8.11

Road Trips


I remember watching my parents pack the car before a long road trip and the anticipation grew as we waited and waited for the final bag. I also remember how we would get bored within the first hour of the trip and long for it to be over. We would mostly tease one another to pass the time. Five kids and my parents in a little caravan. Dad wouldn't turn on the AC (we still tease him about that) so we rolled down the windows and would snack on fruit roll-ups and granola bars:)

This picture above is of Deacon and Aubs as we loaded the car for our latest road trip to Vancouver. They were so excited. Ysa and I flew-thank you airmiles! (as I wasn't sure any of us were up to 11 hours of sad baby) and I was kind of sad to miss out on this car trip. BUT I will admit I was happy fly!

We had such a great time at the wedding and staying up late every night visiting with family and friends! I feel so blessed to know the people I do.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

What a great picture!! I love it. Such a good trip, lots of family, friends, and love. Plus a wedding. Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Maria Lang said...

Yay you're home! Can't wait to hear about the trip and see all the pictures :)

Spencer and Laura said...

You're home!! I'm with Maria - can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about the trip. Love this picture of Aubrie and Deacon - they are just so sweet.

Jonathon said...

It was so much fun to have everyone in Vancouver. It was a pretty magical weekend. Actually - this photo kind of represents how I felt all week.

Now that it's all over, I think I am going to be checking your blog 40 times a day to see if you have posted the pictures. No pressure.

Flora said...

Umm...hate to reiterate, but I am really excited to see the photos, too!

Day said...

You did miss a great time in the car, not to mention Deac's movie marathon line-up. I'm proud to say that I did use the AC...most of the time.

xo