11.10.10

A Lovely, Simple Thanksgiving.

With a quick sideways glance,"I'm writing down my feelings". So matter of fact. So serious. She continues to make small scribbles on her page. After a few minutes Aubrie reads to me her thoughts she has so carefully written down. This is her dictation to me: "Ysa is in our family now. We love you very very much. Please bless Ysa in our family. We didn't want Aunt Merin to die. Thank you she is in our hearts. We love her very much. Please bless Mom to feel better soon. We didn't want Uncle Mike to die. They were always so nice to us. And thank you we are at sacrament, and thank you we are at Church. Thank you Uncle Jonathon can come to church with us."
I feel much the same as this sweet little four year old. I too miss Merin and didn't want her to leave us so soon. However, I too feel there is a lot to be thankful for. I am so blessed with a strong and loving family. I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the strength and comfort it brings me. This Thanksgiving the table was not as full as we are accustomed to, it was a little quieter, but in those quieter moments we can reflect on our blessing. There are still so many to be thankful for.






















Love,
Eden.

10 comments:

H and E said...

Kids always have a way of putting things into the best words! I am thinking of you and your family this holiday season, the gospel truly is the greatest thing we have to be thankful for, puts everything into perspective.
Love the pictures!

Niki Carter said...

What a little sweetie. Kids say things so perfectly. I love it.

Jonathon said...

It WAS such a great Thanksgiving with so much love and happiness. We truly do have so much to be thankful for. It was quieter than we are used to but the feelings that you captured were still the same. I love our family (and your photos!).

Cheri said...

We ARE so blessed with love and one another in our family - a lot to give thanks for. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and beautiful pictures (as always!)

Flora said...

I am always uplifted when I read your blog, and I think it is because you always find something to be thankful for - even when times are unbearably difficult. And little Aubrie has her Momma's thankful heart. I love your photos - you have captured some of my very favourite people on a beautiful Thanksgiving day. Eden, you brighten my world.

Jocelyn Allan said...

Eden, I just wanted to let you know that I have been so moved by your beautiful blog (and by your beautiful pictures). I know it has been a while, but often as I look at your blog I am truly gratful to have met people like you during my time in Calgary. Your strength and testimony are truly inspiring. Love! -Jocelyn

janetina said...

So thankful for the gospel that makes this all worthwhile! Our thoughts and prayers turn to your family constantly. Thanks!

Shani said...

Great post Eden. You and Daylan are raising your children well - I'll be looking your way for inspiration when it's my turn.
Lots of love.

Jan said...

How comforting it is to me to read your blog and to feel of your love for our family and for the gospel of Jesus Christ.I feel so grateful to belong to such a loving, faithful eternal family. you are very special to me Eden.
love you...grandma Jan

Ashley Sullenger said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Having someone you love more than life ripped away is unbearable at times. We lost our little girl in July due to a drowning accident while my husband and I were away for the evening. It sounds like Ysa is incredibly lucky to have your family in her life. I wish you comfort over the next little while in your life. It's tough, but remember you can do hard things! You'll be in our prayers!!

Love,
The Sullengers
www.patrickandashley.blogspot.com